Unsolicited manuscripts must be received between December 15 and February 15 to be considered for our Fall issue (acceptances in May). Looking to submit your work between July 15 and September 15? Please see contest guidelines for the Robert Watson Literary Prizes.
- Entries must be previously unpublished. We do accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know immediately via Submittable if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please submit only once per reading period.
- Length restrictions: Please include no more than 7,500 words or 25 typed, double-spaced pages for fiction. Flash fiction entries may be up to 500 words. Please submit only one story per submission. Poetry entries can include any number of poems up to 10 pages, but we recommend 5 to 7 poems per submission.
- Please include your name, mailing address, email, and phone number in your cover letter and on the first page of your manuscript. Fiction submissions should also include your word count and page numbers.
- Reading fee: $3.00 for fiction submissions; $2.00 for poetry submissions and flash fiction. Fees are waived for current subscribers. If you are unsure of your subscription status, please call The Greensboro Review offices at 336.334.5459.
No email submissions are accepted.