Unsolicited manuscripts must be received between December 15 and February 15 to be considered for our Fall issue (acceptances in May). Looking to submit your work between July 15 and September 15? Please see contest guidelines for the Robert Watson Literary Prizes.
- Entries must be previously unpublished. We do accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know immediately via Submittable if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please submit only once per genre during each submission period.
- Length restrictions: Please include no more than 7,500 words or 25 typed, double-spaced pages for fiction. Flash fiction entries may be up to 500 words. Please submit only one story per submission. Poetry entries can include any number of poems up to 10 pages, but we recommend 5 to 7 poems per submission. (Please note that we rarely publish individual poems that exceed 2 pages.)
- Please include your name, mailing address, email, and phone number in your cover letter and on the first page of your manuscript. Fiction submissions should also include word count and page numbers.
- Reading fee: $3.00 for fiction submissions; $2.00 for poetry and flash fiction submissions. Fees are waived for current subscribers. If you are unsure of your subscription status, please contact Suzi Waters at UNC Press, 919.962.4201 or email@example.com.
- Manuscripts accepted for publication will appear in print in the Fall issue of The Greensboro Review and may also be featured on greensbororeview.org.
No email submissions are accepted.