Robert Watson Literary Prize
The reading period for the Robert Watson Literary Prizes is July 15 to September 15. If you are looking to submit work between December 15 and February 15, please see guidelines for our General Submissions.
Winners of the Fiction and Poetry Prizes will each receive a $1000 cash award and publication in The Greensboro Review.
- Entries must be previously unpublished. We do accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know immediately via Submittable if your work is accepted elsewhere. Please submit only once per submission period.
- Length restrictions: Please include no more than 7,500 words or 25 typed, double-spaced pages for fiction. Each story counts as one entry. Poetry entries can include any number of poems up to 10 pages.
- Please include your name, mailing address, email, and phone number in your cover letter and on the first page of your manuscript. Fiction submissions should also include your word count and page numbers.
- Entry fee: $14 for each submission. Each fee purchases a one-year subscription, an extension of a current subscription, or a gift subscription.
- All manuscripts meeting the above requirements and submitted by September 15 will be considered for the cash award as well as for publication in The Greensboro Review.
- Winning manuscripts will appear in print in the Spring issue of The Greensboro Review and may be featured on the web at greensbororeview.org.
- All manuscripts not accepted for publication in The Greensboro Review will be released to the authors by December 31. Entries must be submitted online via Submittable; no email submissions are accepted.